The primary responsibility of the Estimator is preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of estimates for heavy civil projects as required by client’s plans and specifications.
- Monitor bid listings for desirable projects
- Coordinate bid schedules with other estimating personnel
- Lead bid review process with management
- Attend pre-bid meetings as necessary
- Provide accurate take-offs
- Solicit subcontractor and vendor pricing
- Estimate project cost
- Prepare proposal packages for private and public bids
- Lead turnover meeting process for successful bids
- Prior heavy civil estimating experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field
- Familiarity with Bid2Win and Carlson Estimating software a plus but not required
- Must be able to review plans and provide accurate take-offs
- Excellent time management skills
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k)/profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Work is typically performed in an office environment but some time is spent outside on project sites where the employee may encounter varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve frequently lifting or moving up to 25 lbs., bending, kneeling, and reaching. Applicant must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
Baker Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace.