The primary responsibility of the Heavy Equipment Operator is the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment including excavators, bulldozers, off-road trucks, loaders, motor graders, rollers, and tractors.
- Safe, efficient operation of equipment to meet production
- Familiarization and compliance with company and project specific procedures and policies
- Perform daily operational and safety inspections
- Safe and efficient operation of equipment to meet production goals
- Maintain equipment in good operating condition and report maintenance requirements
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation as required
- Perform other operational related duties as required by Supervisor
- Must have a minimum of two years experience operating heavy equipment
- Knowledge of safe and productive operation of heavy equipment
- Must be able to climb in and out of equipment unassisted
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Frequently lift as much as 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k)/profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
Baker Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace.