The primary responsibility of the PIPE FOREMAN is to coordinate and supervise the safe, efficient field activities of a pipe crew.
- Directly supervise grading crew activities making sure all safety requirements are met.
- Conduct safety meetings, ensure a safe working environment, and mentor crew members.
- Work with the Superintendent to plan work for efficient and productive completion.
- Read, understand, analyze, and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Report crew time, production, and material usage while ensuring all documentation is timely and accurate.
- Effectively manage available equipment and human resources assigned to the crew.
- Understand and participate in planning the production schedule.
- Demonstrable prior experience as a Grade Foreman.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of earth work, including pond excavation, roadway grading, surveying and final grading.
- Experience with all types of heavy equipment.
- Well organized and able to lead in a fast-paced environment.
- OSHA 30 Hour and Confined Space certification or capability of being certified.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k)/profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
Baker Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace.