The primary responsibility of the Motor Grader Operator is the safe and efficient operation of a motor grader with a priority on finish grading subgrade and base to within required tolerances.
- Safe, efficient operation of equipment to meet production
- Familiarization and compliance with company and project specific procedures and policies
- Perform daily operational and safety inspections
- Safe and efficient operation of equipment to meet production goals
- Fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to prepare roadways, pads and other surfaces to precise grade as required by project specifications while maintaining acute awareness of surroundings
- Operate motor grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes, hand signals and/or GPS data to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Maintain equipment in good operating condition and report maintenance requirements
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation as required
- Perform other operational related duties as required by Supervisor
- Must have a minimum of five years of finish grading experience
- Ability to finish grade to within one-half an inch with or without computerized GPS controls and electronics
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination with the ability to precisely manipulate control levers while listening and feeling engine RPM to determine most appropriate blade position
- Knowledge of safe and productive operation of heavy equipment
- Must be able to climb in and out of equipment unassisted
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Frequently lift as much as 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k)/profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
Baker Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace.