The primary responsibility of the Survey CAD technician is the preparation of stakeout point files, as-built drawings, machine grade control files, and other tasks required by the survey department.
- Prepare stakeout point files for a variety of civil construction projects
- Prepare construction as-built drawings to meet regulatory agency requirements
- Prepare machine grade control files
- Prepare various exhibits, drawings, or sketches related to construction activities
- Previous survey or engineering CAD experience (survey field experience a plus)
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans
- Proficiency with Carlson Survey and/or Autodesk Civil 3D software
- General knowledge of construction, earthwork, and utilities
- Must be detail and quality oriented
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects
- Must have the ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with various Northeast Florida regulatory agency as-built submittal requirements helpful
- Experience with detailed 3D modeling for GPS machine control a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k)/profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
Baker Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace.