The SAFETY COORDINATOR is responsible for the overall implementation of the safety and health program including maintaining logs, records, and reports pertaining to safety as required by the company, governmental organizations, and clients. The Safety Coordinator also conducts safety meetings both on a project level and company-wide.
- Implement and oversee the safety and health program
- Inspect and evaluate project sites
- Coach and mentor company personnel as well as subcontractors in the importance of safety
- Plan, track, and conduct training as required
- Develop, organize, and implement additional programs as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Occupational Health, or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a safety position preferably within the civil construction industry
- CSP, CHST or CMSP certification preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and MUTCD regulations and standards
- Willingness to travel between Georgia and Florida
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k)/profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Company vehicle
Work is performed inside and outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
Baker Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace.